Representation of Interests in the Legislative Process
We represent the interests of companies and associations in the fields that we engage in, including in the realm of politics.
We have participated in numerous legislative procedures in Germany and Europe for various clients. Our partner Dr. Arthur Waldenberger was in-house counsel for a publishers association for more than seven years.
We are consulted as experts by members of German Parliament and ministries on a regular basis, which has largely been the result of our excellent ties with all democratic parties. One of the principles of political counseling we follow is transparency of our actions and of the respective interests that we represent. We respect the European code of conduct for lobbyists.
Over the years, some of the legislative procedures our law firm played a role in include:
- Amendments to cyber law
- Amendments to corporate law
- German Copyright Law (UrhG) reform
- Redesign of the German Competition Law (UWG)
- Liberalization of the rules on the chimney sweep trade (SchfHWG)
- Amendment of the German Act against Restraints of Competition (GWB)
- Amendment of a regulation in the energy sector
- Adaptation of the German Trademark Act to new requirements of European Law